Do you fancy trying a bit of traditional thai food at home? Below we’ve shared a couple of our favourite recipes so that you can have a go at making some traditional thai food in your own kitchen.
– 125g medium rice noodles
– 100g large cooked prawns
– 40g beansprouts
– 1 ½ tbsp fish sauce
– 1 tsp sugar
– 1 tsp tamarind paste
– ½ garlic clove, chopped
– 1 ½ spring onions
– 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Boil the noodles for 5 minutes and then leave to stand for a further 2-3 minutes before draining.
2. Mix the fish sauce, sugar and tamarind paste in a small bowl.
3. Stir fry the garlic and spring onions with the vegetable in a wok for approximately 30-45 seconds.
4. Add in the noodles, prawns, beansprouts & fish sauce mixture and heat through for approximately 2-3 minutes before serving.
– 175g jasmine rice
– 1 egg, beaten
– ½ red onion, chopped
– 1 garlic clove, chopped
– ½ small tomato, chopped
– ½ red chilli, chopped
– 2 tbsp coriander
– 2 tbsp sesame oil
– 1 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tbsp fish sauce
– ¼ cucumber, sliced
1. Boil the rice for approximately 8-10 minutes and then drain.
2. Mix the egg with half of the soy sauce.
3. In a very hot wok, stir fry the egg mixture in half of the sesame oil.
4. Add a bit more oil and then add the onion, garlic and chilli and stir fry for a further 30 seconds.
5. Add in the rest of the oil and the rice and stir fry again for a further 30 seconds.
6. Add in the tomato, coriander, the rest of the soy sauce and the fish sauce and heat through for approximately 2 minutes.
7. Serve with a garnish of cucumber.
Not in the mood to cook some traditional thai food yourself? Why not get it delivered straight to your door? Taste delicious, traditional asian food and order a takeaway from YamYam To Go. View our menu online and give us a call on 0800 246 1829 to place an order.